There is no doubt about it; patient no-shows are a costly problem for any medical practice. Unfortunately, while some practices are better at managing this issue than others, it continues to be a fairly common and universal concern. So, if your medical facility is faced with frequent no-shows, keep the following tips in mind:
- Implement an effective reminder system. It seems like a very obvious piece of advice, but you would be surprised by how many medical offices lack an effective reminder system.
- Schedule appointments at the first available time that is convenient to their schedule. If you are scheduling your patients weeks or months out, they are more likely to forget their appointment.
- When patients fail to show, ask them why. This gives you a chance to offer additional support to that patient or identify trends that may be happening across multiple patients or appointments.
- Offer incentives to patients who prepay for their appointments. Patients are less likely to miss an appointment they have already paid for.
- Partner with a reliable local patient transport service. Working with a patient transport service not only reduces no-shows, but it also improves patient medical compliance and satisfaction. Moreover, it gives your bottom line a significant boost, offering an incredible return on your transportation investment.
At MedBridge Transport, we understand that patient no-shows are an unnecessary burden to your practice, and we are proud to be a resource and system of support for the medical professionals that serve our community. Contact us today for more details.